LES Community Culture Council
The Lower East Side Community Culture Council is a group of LES residents and workers interested in strengthening opportunities for LESiders to connect to, enjoy, and actively participate in local arts and culture experience.
- Monthly meetings and/or field trips to LES arts and culture events
- Curate and organize the LES Community Arts Day in July
- Engage in conversation and dialogue with LES artists and arts leaders
- Receive stipends and complimentary passes to local arts and culture events
Membership to the Council
- Applications for the Council open each fall for the following year
- The Council has a maximum of 10 members; members in good standing are eligible to serve for up to three years
- Council members all have strong ties to the LES through living or working in the community
- New Council members are selected based on written applications and interviews; selection is made by current Council and FAB staff
- POC and NYCHA residents are prioritized for acceptance
FABnyc, which organizes the LESCCC, is committed to strengthening opportunities for LES residents to access and fully participate in local arts and culture. We are particularly interested in seeing those who have felt themselves marginalized in the community and/or separated from its cultural institutions feel more welcome and included. The LESCCC was originally developed in collaboration with University Settlement.
2022 LES Community Culture Council.
Get to know the 2022 Council and read their bios here.
2021 LES Community Culture Council
Tareake Dorill Ramos