FABnyc is currently seeking a Part-Time Administrative Assistant!
Must be able to work on Sundays and one other day a week (M-F) 9:45am-6:15pm.
- Support Dance Block studio rental program for dance artists — manage online booking program, communicate with artists, provide access and orientation to studios, work with studio owners to address any day-to-day issues
- Organize and work with Communications Manager in leading communications — including FAB’s monthly newsletter and active social media positing on multiple platforms
- Provide administrative support for other FABnyc activities as needed
- Help maintain a welcoming lobby stocked with literature on our programs
- Highly organized, reliable and punctual
- Strong verbal communication skills; works well in a public-facing position
- Writing skills, including skills with social media platforms and messaging
- Familiarity with Lower East Side cultural and/or nonprofit dance community a plus
Compensation: 17.50 an hour, on a biweekly pay cycle.
Email resume and cover letter to Dakota Scott, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “NAME – FABnyc Admin Assistant.” Please include your M-F availability in your email.
Please note: FAB Dance Block studios are not all accessible; the position requires requires ability to climb stairs on a frequent basis, respond quickly to sounds (ex. phone, door buzzer); and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
FABnyc has a strong commitment to principles of diversity, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender/ gender identity/ gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, or marital status. People of color, immigrants, women, LGBTQ+ folk, and members of other historically marginalized groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.