Frequently Asked Questions
I’m here for rehearsal! Where’s the Dance Block Associate?
If you are early, we ask that you buzz the first floor and then the third floor, but please wait patiently on the
1st floor of 70 E 4th St.
We will prioritize that you get to your studio on time.
How can I cancel my rehearsal?
1. Go to the confirmation email you received for the rehearsal you would like to cancel.
2. Click the link that says “To cancel your reservation please click here. You will receive a full refund to your original form of payment.”
Why do I still need to check in?
We are responsible to all the studio owners for the condition of their spaces.
By checking you into your studio, we’re fulfilling that responsibility, and making sure the space is in working order when you arrive.
How do I see all of my reservations?
1. Visit planyo.com and sign up with the same email that you made your reservations with.
2. Go back to the Planyo home page
3. Click “MY ACCOUNT”
4. Voilà! Your reservations are revealed!
A heads-up is always appreciated and anything under 10 minutes is ok. Anything beyond 10 -15 minutes will result in an email follow-up. It is an inconvenience to us and our other meetings and tasks scheduled throughout the day!
…are never cool. Failure to show up for your rehearsal without a courteous notice via an email or call will result in a strike. Three strikes & you’re out.
We understand that sometimes things come up that may require cancelling. Just cancel as soon as possible so we can open up the time for another renter looking for space.
If you cancel 72 hours before your booking, you will receive a refund. In the confirmation email you received, there is a link to cancel and receive the full-refund amount.
Please note that we will absorb any cancellations made within the 72 hour period.
Guidelines and Policies
All Dance Block space is made available to individual dancers, choreographers or non-profit dance companies who are doing non-commercial work, in the process of creating or rehearsing new or repertory works for $10 per hour.
These spaces may NOT be used for theater, performance art, auditions, classes, workshops, or public performances. Open rehearsals are approved on a case-by-case basis and must be cleared with a Dance Block Staff member a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the rehearsal.
Please note that currently enrolled students who receive institutional support are not eligible for Dance Block. We also cannot host dancers who are 18 years or under for liability purposes.
Payment for rehearsals is made through our online booking system after filling out the form and being approved by the program. After you have been approved you will be asked to fill out a survey and contract that includes credit card information.
- All rehearsals must begin and end on time, no exceptions, as rehearsals are often booked back to back.
- Lateness policy
- Renters who arrive any later than 10 minutes after their scheduled rehearsal time will be marked as a late
- Renters arriving late are required to contact our office phone 646-864-1209
- Three latenesses without communication will result in a strike
- Five latenesses with communication will result in a strike
- All latenesses are renewed at the end of the calendar year
- Cancellation policy: Renters who cancel within 72 hours of their scheduled rehearsal are not eligible for a refund.
- Dance Block books on the hour, not the half hour.
- Outdoor shoes are not permitted on studio floors.
- No food or beverages other than water in plastic or unbreakable bottles are allowed in the studios.
- No smoking or alcohol allowed on premises.
- No burning of candles, incense, or other use of fire or smoke indoors
- No spiked heels, tap shoes or Flamenco heels are allowed in any studio (with the exception of Rod Rogers).
- No animals allowed except for service animals.
- Renters must leave the studio in the same condition as they entered it: Discard all trash, recyclables, close windows, turn off the lights, and turn off air conditioning and heaters, if applicable.
- Dance Block rentals include access to spaces and restrooms but do not include access to studio equipment such as barres, music stands, exercise equipment, or shower facilities
- Additional policies may apply to individuals spaces. The renter will be provided this information upon first renting space with Dance Block.